November lockdown: Grants for closed businesses
When the Government announced the lockdown that will begin on Thursday 5 November, they also announced an update to the support for businesses.
The support includes a new grant that you’ll be eligible for if you pay rates on a business property, even if you’re zero-rated.
- How much can you claim if your business has to close in November?
- Are you eligible for the November lockdown grant?
- If your business is in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales
- Extra grants if your area is already in Tier 2 or 3
- When and how can you claim?
How much can you claim if your business has to close in November?
You’ll be able to claim for up to £3,000 for the four-week lockdown.
The Government says the amount was chosen so that for 90% of the 600,000+ eligible businesses, the grant will cover your rent for this lockdown.
Are you eligible for the November lockdown grant?
You’ll be eligible for this Government’s grant if your business:
- is based in England
- operates from a premises
- operates in the Retail, Hospitality or Leisure sector
- is forced to close due to lockdown restrictions
If your business is in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales
The support for businesses is different. Here are links to the official information for your nation:
Extra grants if your area is already in Tier 2 or 3
There’s more money available if your business:
- operates in an area already in Tier 2 or 3
- operates in the hospitality, leisure or accommodation sector
- has suffered reduced demand while in Tier 2 or 3
You’ll be able to claim backdated grants worth up to £2,100 for every four weeks your area was in Tier 2 or 3.
Find out more at the Government website:
Gov.uk | Support for businesses in areas with local restrictions
When and how can you claim?
You can claim via your local council’s website now.
To check you’re eligible and to find out how to claim, read the guidance at the Government website:
Gov.uk | Check if your business is eligible for a coronavirus grant due to national restrictions (for closed businesses)
- List of Government support you can apply for:
Gov.uk | Government support for small and medium-sized businesses
- List of support and resources from non-government organisations:
Gov.uk | Coronavirus support for business from outside government
- Source for this article:
Gov.uk | News | Economic support update, Monday 2 November (PDF)