Employment Type: Full-time
As an Android Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be writing high-quality, highly testable code and once you’re fully on-boarded – contributing to the Android technical architecture and vision as we expand and grow our product. Scalable and maintainable code is super important to our ability to scale.
You’ll be comfortable pair programming with other engineers and you’ll help drive the release process. You’ll actively support the implementing and maintaining of good technical practices and development methods. This is essential as we pursue an internationally scalable and maintainable product.
You’ll work closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
About the Tech
We’re a company built on technology, and our Engineers are a team of passionate problem solvers who put the pieces of the puzzle together and get the job done. In summary, we’re Agile champions working with Java, Spring, microservices, RESTful APIs on the backend, and Angular 2+, Android, Dagger 2, iOS, Swift and SOLID principles on the front-end.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Good experience with Java, RxJava and with the Android SDK
- Any experience with Kotlin
- Knowledge in recent Android SDKs
- Experience with Dependency injection frameworks ( Dagger 2 )
- Good knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs, and associated libraries
- Ability to write & maintain unit tests
- Working knowledge of software design patterns
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle
- Experience building complex Android apps that are successfully shipped to customers
- Familiarity working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills (English is important too)
The highly desirables:
- UI Testing
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Technical degree
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits:
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
About the Perks:
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office