Application Support Technician
Department: Production Support
Employment Type: Full-time
Your Team As a Support Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be working closely with the front line teams and the Agile delivery teams, in order to deliver a responsive, efficient and reliable support service to ensure our members have the best experience possible. You’ll investigate production issues, facilitate escalations and suggest workarounds. You’ll ensure software bugs are confirmed before assigning business areas for prioritisation.
As the business grows, you’ll find yourself automating back office tasks and reporting to reduce our reliance on manual activities.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You’ll have a good understanding of:
- RESTful APIs and web services
- RDBMS, specifically MySQL
- Troubleshooting backend, web and mobile applications
- You’ll have an analytical mind and excel at solving problems, collaborating with the other technical and non-technical teams to arrive at the right solution
- You’ll be proactive in your work, owning issues until their conclusion
- You’ll have worked with Jira and Confluence tools, and be familiar with customer ticketing systems
- You’ll support the constant change and improvements being driven across the company to develop and improve our services You’ll be an effective communicator with solid reporting skills to technical and non-technical team members
- You’ll participate in the out of hours on-call rota, ensuring that urgent issues are responded to, escalated and addressed effectively, and in line with policy and process
The highly desirables:
- You’ll have a working knowledge of AWS and Unix/Linux environments
- You’ll be familiar with Python in order to script common support and operational tasks
With over 85,000 members, we’re the leading SME challenger bank in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.