Associate Application Security Engineer
As an Associate Application Security Engineer in our application security team you will be working to take our security processes to the next level ensuring our product is secure. This includes our backend systems, web platform and mobile applications. Our Security Engineers work with cross-functional teams dedicated to areas of the product. They also work with product owners, engineers and DevOps to solve shared problems, find bugs and design and build mitigations for broad bug classes. Working alongside our delivery teams you'll assess the security of new features and capabilities. This could include the development of security programs, the introduction of tooling or evangelism of security best practises. The Security team leads initiatives across Tide that relate to the improvement of our overall security, because of the nature of Tide's product, nearly every system interacts with sensitive financial and personal data, making the security team an extremely dynamic environment to join.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Performing application security design, threat modelling and code reviews.
- Acting as a security architecture advocate to help software engineers build secure products and services
- Improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Developing security guidance documentation along with defining, implementing, and monitoring security measures to protect Tide.
- Be responsible for correctly balancing security risk with product advancement.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have software engineering experience
- You are able to intuitively find flaws in software and can effectively communicate how to fix them
- You have the ability to think like an attacker and use that context to develop threat models
- You can enable other engineering teams to find flaws before they are introduced into production
- You have technical knowledge in one of the following: cloud security, web application security, mobile security
- You have knowledge of secure coding and best practices
- You have a hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion
- You have experience with OWASP frameworks, static & dynamic analysis, and common exploitation methods
- You may have knowledge of OWASP SAMM
- You may have experience working within the Fintech or tech sector
- You may have worked within a fast scaling business
- You may have familiarity with fuzzing as a way to find bugs
- You may have experience with Automation
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.