Associate Security Operation Engineer
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As a Associate Security Operation Engineer at Tide, you’ll help take our security processes to the next level. Our scaling security team is responsible for securing Tide, for our Tideans and our Members. This is achieved through Security Operations focused on event data, incident response and tooling and the automation of all of that to free up TD engineers to go on focused threat hunts.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale-up, we’re busy! If fast-paced environments, cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale-up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Working on the Implementation and maintenance of our security event monitoring tooling
- Using Open source intelligence to investigate live and identify future potential threats
- Building our security incident management and forensics capabilities
- Working with the Infrastructure team to review and manage our access controls and identity management
- Managing tooling to effectively detect and respond to security incidents
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research
- Building tooling for internal use that enables the team to operate at high speed and at scale
- Writing and managing indicator of compromise queries
- Responding to triaging, and investigating potential incidents across Tide's laptops, servers, network devices, and cloud systems
- Acting as incident manager and running interactions with external incident response and forensics teams in the event of a major incident
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure that programmatically driven security policies are correct
- Implementing security orchestration and automation on top of existing solutions
- Contribute to the vulnerability management and triage program
You'll be a great fit if:
- You have experience in operational security, threat detection and response
- You have writing and triaging production security alerts against large data sets, ideally with Splunk Enterprise Security
- You have experience in hardening AWS, Linux containers and common services
- You have experience mentoring other engineers in security
- You are able to act as a cheerleader and champion for security
- You have the ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic, fast growing, startup environment
- You have the passion for information security
- You have hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion
- You have experience with automation
- You are excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have 2+ years of scripting/coding (Python, Java, Go etc)
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What You’ll Get In Return
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance, Life insurance and Accident insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Dental Benefit
- Learning & Development Budget
Here’s What We Think About Diversity And Inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.