Audit & Oversight Manager
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As our first dedicated Audit and Oversight Manager, you will work with all areas across the business and really help shape how we structure and manage Oversight and Audit. You will initially sit in our Risk and Compliance team in the second line of defence, before eventually moving to the newly formed Audit team and third line of defence.
At Tide we have Oversight, which covers any major findings from 2LOD checks, and any findings from our banking partners’ reviews, and we have audit. You will work across both of these areas to ensure our oversight and audit findings are tracked and managed. You’ll oversee audits from planning it initially, to the completion of the audit, reporting and tracking of issues.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Creating the audit strategy and schedule, working closely with the VP Risk and Compliance
- Creating the procurement process for auditors – selecting a good array of potential auditors, working with them on the scope of the audit, and agreeing a final auditor and statement of work
- Managing the budget for audits
- Organising the relevant parties internally for upcoming audits
- Tracking open audit items with all the relevant audit item owners, including recording evidence of completion
- Working with the 2LOD Risk and Compliance team, and banking partners, to record and track any outstanding oversight items
- Reporting to the relevant stakeholders and committees on progress with audits and oversight
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience in the third line of defence
- You are you used to collaborating and like working in a team. You will build great relationships with stakeholders across the business to facilitate audit planning and execution, and resolution of actions
- You’re comfortable challenging where required, including senior Tideans – but in the right way that gets good outcomes!
- You have great attention to detail – you spot issues or inconsistencies, and question everything
- You have an excellent understanding of risk management and the three lines of defence model, particularly financial crime risk, information security risk and data risk
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in forming processes and structure and need little supervision
- You have the ability to deal with multiple projects and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- You may also have experience working for a Fintech
- You may also have experience working in a Scale-Up
- You may also have experience as an auditor
- You may also have experience in 1LOD and 2LOD
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.