Blue Team Engineer
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As a Security Operations Engineer, you’ll help take our security processes to the next level. Our scaling security team is responsible for securing Tide, our Tideans, and our Members. This is achieved through security operations focused on event data, incident response, tooling, and automation to free up Ops engineers so they can focus on threat hunts. In this role you’ll also be a security champion, working tirelessly in the automation and orchestration of the security process. Experienced in AWS and within zero-trust concepts in both corporate and platform environments, you will utilise IAM, SIEM and Solid Device Management Practises.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working on the Implementation and maintenance of our security event monitoring tooling
- Using open source intelligence to investigate live and identify future potential threats
- Building our security incident management and forensics capabilities
- Working with the Infrastructure team to review and manage our access controls and identity management
- Running the vulnerability management and triage program
- Managing tooling to effectively detect and respond to security incidents
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research
- Building tooling for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and at scale
- Writing, and managing indicator of compromise queries
- Responding to, triaging, and investigating potential incidents across Tide's laptops, servers, network devices, and cloud systems
- Performing and automating in-house network and host security testing
- Managing third-party penetration tests
- Acting as incident manager and running interactions with external incident response and forensics teams in the event of a major incident
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure that programmatically-driven security policies are correct
- Implementing security orchestration and automation on top of existing solutions
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are experienced in operational security
- You have experience writing and triaging production security alerts against large data sets, ideally with Splunk Enterprise Security
- You are experienced in hardening AWS, Linux containers, and common services
- You are experienced with Identity and Access Management systems like Okta and authentication integration via OAuth, SAML, and LDAP
- You are experienced in host policy automation using Jamf for OSX and Microsoft Group Policy Objects
- You have experience mentoring other engineers in security
- You are able to act as a cheerleader and champion for security
- You have the ability to thrive and succeed in a, fast growing, startup environment
- You have software engineering experience
- You have a passion for information security
- You are hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion
- You have experience with automation
- You have excellent oral and written English
- 2+ years of scripting/coding (Python, Java, Ruby etc)
- You may also have previous experience in offensive security
- You many have knowledge of security compliance standards and regulations including the GDPR/Data protection
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Life and Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.