Business Analyst – Card Payments
As a Business Analyst at Tide, you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated and talented individuals who are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We want you to live and breathe our values; to put members first, work as one team and be data-driven.
Part of the Payment Services team, you’ll be working hand in hand with Product Managers, Developers, Marketers and Designers to drive product enhancements and new product initiatives for the expenses product area. You will have the opportunity to work on, business-as-usual feature improvements as well as brand new functionality that will enhance the experience for our members. We are a growing team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problems we want to solve.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Supporting Product Owners to help shape the product vision, strategy and roadmap for the product line.
- Gathering and analysing data, formulate and test hypotheses, and make recommendations for product improvements.
- Working with a team of Designers, Developers, and QA to deliver product features.
- Prioritizing feature requirements, balancing business/user needs and ensuring that epics and user stories are well defined
- Gathering and documenting functional and non-functional business requirements and developing solutions alongside our engineering team to optimise and enhance our journeys
- Communicating product requirements in scrum meetings to the product team including sprint planning, refinement and review.
- Monitoring, gathering and analysing product metrics to assess if the goals of the product meet company objectives or to identify the root cause of issues and opportunities for improvement
You’ll be good fit if:
- You have previous work experience as a Business Analyst, QA, product management intern or similar role.
- You have hands-on experience with understanding the nuances of web and app technologies.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams within a software organisation.
- You have experience of product management activities such as user and market research, prioritising, writing requirements, data analysis etc.
- You have experience with data-driven segmentation, targeting AB testing and Business intelligence tools.
- You are analytical and data-driven with a strong KPI focus; well versed in conversion metrics and quantitative and qualitative data.
- You have a BSc in Business, Maths, Statistics, Economics, Design, QA, Tech or similar field.
- You have experience within FinTech, B2B SaaS, B2C or other technology industries.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK. To add more excitement to that, we are expanding overseas entering the Indian Market in 2021.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven and make decisions creating insight and using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Family and Personal Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, and religions. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.