Business Intelligence Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
As a BI Analyst at Tide you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be working on building out our BI capabilities and owning reporting across the company. Your key contribution will be to define, generate, analyse, interpret and communicate the metrics which underpin our business. You’ll help people in all areas of Tide make better, faster, more data-driven decisions and develop an expert knowledge of all areas of the business.
Your day will look a little like this:
● Building new BI capability: working closely with senior management to identify and assess the main KPIs driving business growth and performance
● Building, maintaining and communicating reports and dashboards to track key performance indicators against objectives
● Working with people across the company to enable them to self-serve Business Intelligence through BI tools like Tableau and Looker
● Doing deep-dive analysis of data to both test specific hypotheses and generate new business insights to identify growth opportunities and make proactive recommendations to Senior Management to help with decision making and improve business performance.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
● 2+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics Teams
● Excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you’re working with
● Good understanding of business metrics such as conversion rates, CPAs and CLVs.
● Strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
● You can communicate your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
● You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
● Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
The highly desirables:
● BS/BA in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or similar
● Proven experience in a start-up or fast growing company
● Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
● Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concepts and building new DW tables
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.