Cloud Security Engineer – 2
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
You will know how to run containerised Docker workloads in AWS. You will be familiar with services like CloudTrail, GuardDuty and SecurityHub. You will know what security best practice looks like across the commonly used AWS services such as S3 and RDS and get a real kick out of sharing your knowledge with other engineers.
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Tide you will be working in the second line within a three lines of defence model. You will be responsible for proactively setting security measures and upgrades across the platform, identifying any gaps and improvements, and ensuring compliance with principles such as least privilege.
You will be working closely with the first line engineering team and as part of your responsibility, you will educate, mentor and guide them on approaches, techniques and tooling for security in the cloud. This will give you an opportunity to level up your existing skills by prototyping new technologies, then guiding their adoption.
You will also understand concepts such as infrastructure as code (IaC) and ways it can be used to make building infrastructure secure and repeatable. You will be responsible for reviewing the IaC code created by our cloud engineering team and for providing feedback on ways it can be improved, clearly articulating your reasoning.
You are keen to expand your knowledge into other areas of Product Security.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Designing next generation cloud infrastructure to ensure it is kept up do date without reliance manual processes like patching
- Defining and embedding security best practice and standards into our cloud engineering teams
- Building guardrails and defining policy around IAM to ensure least privilege is enacted
- Identifying ways to make sure new security misconfigurations are not created via IaC
- Hardening our existing cloud infrastructure
- Reviewing cloud integrations between Tide and any third parties
- Be a point of contact for any cloud security incidents
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance, Life insurance and Accident insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Dental Benefit
- Learning & Development Budget
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You spent some time in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering / SRE role and can understand what it means to have to keep things running 24 / 7
- You know the challenges and opportunities presented by a 100% containerised environment
- You can review and write code in Python or another similar language
- You can review and write Terraform
- You understand concepts like Zero Trust networking
- You have previous experience securing AWS MSK or Kafka clusters
- You have previous experience with HashiCorp Consul
- An understanding of monitoring and analytics and how that can play a part in Security Incident and Event Management
- You have any experience Threat Modelling
- Hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.