As a Collections Analyst at Tide, you will report directly to the Senior Collections Manager. You will play a key part in supporting Tide members when they enter Collections. You should be able to demonstrate strong collections and negotiation skills, as this will allow you to Identify vulnerability and resolve complex matters, reconcile accounts and drive monthly collection targets. A successful individual will be self-motivated—someone who can recognize how processes can improve and effectively implement positive changes. You must also be able to build strong cross-functional relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Providing essential support which enables the entire Collections team to accurately monitor the Credit portfolio across a vast array of products
- Managing arrears in line with the Collections Policy
- Liaising with customers daily, in order to maximise our collection percentage and taking the relevant action within agreed time-scales
- Administering ad hoc requirements as requested by Manager or VP of Credit
- Ensuring compliance of all applicable FCA regulations, Data Protection and Money Laundering legislation and the Tide Lending Standards
- Updating corresponding logs and reports, be diligent and document actions and decisions
- Producing reports that provide meaningful insights to stakeholders
- Working internally with stakeholders across the business to which the Collections function assists
- Working with and building relationships with external partners; Debt Collection Agencies, Solicitors, Insolvency Practitioners and courts
- Working with the overall Credit team to identify and piloting opportunities to improve strategies and processes
- Being a stakeholder for product improvement within the Collections domain
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 2-3 years working in a Collections role, engaging directly with debtors
- You have worked for a Debt Collection Agency, law firm, Insolvency firm or a Fintech (working for both traditional industries and Fintechs is a serious plus)
- You have the ability to manage a busy workload and identify key objectives
- You have strong negotiation and reasoning skills
- You are a free thinker, who has a strong desire to succeed
- You may also have a Bachelor's degree in law, finance or other business-related discipline
- You may also have litigation experience
- You may also have experience in collecting business to business debt’ and not just consumer debt in an FCA regulated environment.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.