Commercial Strategy Lead(Data/Finance)
As a Lead data analyst for the Finance team, you will be working closely with the CFO and the Head of Analytics to shape the strategy and decision making through the right data models, Intelligence, insights and analytical projects. You will be closely working with other teams in the data organisation viz. Data Engineering, Analytics Engineering and Data science to meet the business needs through effective internal engagement. You will start as an Individual contributor role having a lot of visibility and impact on business and financial metrics and in future can lead a small team of talented insight analysts.
This role will suit an individual who is passionate about data but at the same time understands business and financial metrics very well.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Modelling CLTV, designing commercial levers for forecasting and Unit economics for product segments
- Designing decision enabling dashboards for the CXOs, Preparation of Data and Reports to be shared with Investors etc.
- Developing SQL code to interrogate our data to solve key business problems
- Building various decision making models for strategic decision making
- Taking ownership of various analytics requirements for the finance and executive team
- Supporting in the investor and management reporting activities with key commercial and business insights
- Driving various monetization and commercial initiatives in partnership with the product managers and finance team
- Developing and analysing business cases for various new products, marketing investments and other key initiatives
- Managing cross-team resources (Analytical Engineering, Data Scientists) for some of the projects
- Prioritising the tasks and engagements to ensure stakeholder satisfaction as well as maximum business results
- Educating business stakeholders and and internal data dojo members of all levels on commercial value and business case
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 7 years of experience in Data Analytics and at least 2 years in Commercial Strategy
- You are hands on data analyst who loves to work with finance and strategy stakeholders to drive organizational impact
- You have excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with and support other analyst to do so
- You have experience doing Cohort Analysis
- You are good at connecting dots- what data and insights will be needed to solve the problems for present and also build scalable and reusable models for future
- You have excellent communication and storytelling skills; the ability to understand complex requirements and present insights in an easy to understand manner.
- You have experience working as an analyst or consultant in Investment banks, Top Consulting firms or commercial analytics teams of fintech firms.
- You have set the bar high when it comes to turnaround time of requirements and projects while taking care of the quality of deliverables
- You quickly identify which business or financial metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which projects/data/analysis will add value
- You have the ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making
- You have worked closely with the top management in solving key business problems (preferred)
- You have strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.