Department: Member Support
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 140,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As a Complaints Specialist at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of the Member Support team, you will be the escalation point for members who feel dissatisfied with the service they have received from us. You will handle their complaints in line with regulatory requirements, always striving to provide a good outcome for the member. You’ll love talking to people, and have an empathetic nature along with a passion for solving customer problems . You will play a key part in helping Tide expand by providing around the clock support, every day of the year.
Our mission is to save businesses time and money every day, and delivering fast and fluid support is key to achieving this. Solving problems quickly and giving clear and honest advice is what sets us apart from the traditional big banks.
You will be working on:
- providing the best member experience when handling complaints;
- supporting Root Cause Analysis and internal feedback loops with business areas to prevent an increase or repeat of complaints;
- work with the second line Compliance team on reporting for internal and external stakeholders;
- point of contact for our banking partners on complaints;
- helping to cultivate and maintain a unique and member-centric culture;
- provide guidance and training to Member Support agents on complaints;
- investigating complex issues and engaging with the relevant business area;
- delivering some general front-line member support in addition to Complaints Handling
We’re an international scale up, we’re highly driven and we move quickly! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You’ll have excellent spoken and written English skills;
- Great communicator – you will be able to explain complex information in a simple and easy to understand way and be confident talking with our members;
- Experience with handling complaints in an FCA regulated firm;
- You’ll enjoy finding novel ways to solve difficult problems;
- You have really strong organisational skills and will be happy to juggle priorities to ensure that members get the best support experience;
- Good understanding of financial services terminology;
- Experience working with FCA regulations;
- You’ll enjoy helping mentor new members of the team, and support them with your wisdom and experience;
- You’ll be comfortable using industry tools like Zendesk, GSuite, and Jira
The highly desirables:
- You’ve tried some of the more advanced features of Zendesk – like automations, triggers, and macros;
- You’ll have experience working in start-ups or scale-ups;
- Experience working with Agile practices.
With over 140,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.