As an experienced copywriter, you’ll have our members at the heart of everything you do, making communication clear and transparent whilst not being afraid to be creative to entice engagement where needed. You love coming up with creative ideas and enjoy experimenting to find out what works. You are also passionate about helping entrepreneurs and the SME sector. You’re a proactive highly-motivated team-player and you know how to keep things under control in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll have the inquisitive traits of a “journalist” to get the stories that sell but are also simple for audiences to understand to ensure that our members see Tide as the go-to in all things SME. You will be continuously looking for innovative ways to increase conversion focusing on our subscription products but also support across our other product verticals including accounting, credit, and payment products, and will analyse engagement for ongoing optimisation and continued success. You will be focused on one product area but have access to a team of writers with the ability to work across areas where necessary to expand your knowledge and provide variety across our activation units.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be Customer experience-oriented – proactive in your work with a focus on delivering the best, most engaging content for SMEs
- Using creative copywriting across multiple formats – including blogs, whitepapers, infographics, insight reports, interviews, videos, podcasts, etc.
- You’ll experience interviewing, transcribing, and creating a finished product
- Reviewing, amending, and approving other content where necessary
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest news, industry trends, and competition, identify strategic opportunities
- Ensuring you’re on top of all things compliance when it comes to communication with our members on financial services
- Turning technical information into simple, compelling messaging & content
- Working cross-department and with data to unearth stories/content from around the business
- Supporting our Small Business Hub/blog to the next level: writing, producing and publishing website content in line with Marketing requirements and industry-leading SEO standards
- Researching relevant topics and owning content ideation and production
- Giving recommendations for ongoing campaigns as well as test-and-learn initiatives
- Supporting different areas of our team, writing social posts/interviews /email/events/landing page copy that converts
- Looking after third party relationships with members and building strong connections with internal teams
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are an effective communicator with different audiences, internally and externally as well as technical and non-technical
- You can thrive as a generalist and wear many different hats concurrently
- You have a curious nature and impeccable attention to detail
- You’re logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
- You’re customer-focused and a team player
- You have excellent writing and editing skills in English
- You are experienced in writing long and short-form copy
- You have the ability to translate complex topics into easy-to-digest formats
- You have experience in sourcing and managing subject matter experts to contribute to the topics you have identified
- You enjoy working closely with design teams and you have the ability to write clear and concise design briefs linked to your initiatives
- You have hands-on experience publishing content using a Content Management System (CMS), preferably WordPress
- You have basic HTML, CSS knowledge & experience with Social media platforms
- You keep on top of your to-do-list with excellent time management and you are able to prioritise what needs to be done
- You are familiar with SEO optimisation, data analysis using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Looker (is a plus)
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.