Credit Risk Analyst
Department: Risk & Compliance
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 150,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As a Credit & Risk Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of the Risk and Compliance team, you will help take our risk controls and procedures to the next level. The Risk and Compliance team is the second line of defence, responsible for ensuring that all of the risks we face as a business are properly identified and mitigated, through the implementation and oversight of internal controls. As the Credit Risk Analyst, you will be responsible for building the second line of defence controls and procedures, and ensuring the credit team in the first line of defence are adhering to Tide policies and procedures, and meeting regulatory requirements. You will make suggestions for improvements to existing policies and procedures, work with with the first line of defence to create new ones where necessary, and generally ensure our credit risk management is as robust as possible.
Although the primary responsibility of the Credit Risk Analyst is to work on credit risk, you may also be involved in other risk areas too. You’ll need to be happy getting stuck into other work wherever required!
- Support the Risk and Compliance team with the second line of defence oversight of credit risk within the Lending business area
- Assist with the governing and review of internal policies and procedures to oversight credit risks
- Ensure our day to day activities performed at Tide are compliant with regulatory requirements regarding credit
- Collect relevant MI data and reporting for the Risk and Compliance Committee
- Make sure the systems and controls we have in place to mitigate credit risk are efficiently implemented and actually work
- Implement tools to allow for proper oversight of risk-mitigation actions
- Assess risk performance of the Credit function using different methodologies like provisioning, roll rates and estimations of Probability of Default
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a credit risk-related role at a leading FinTech or bank
- Previous experience working with credit tools, collecting credit MI and credit risk oversight
- Good knowledge of credit risk principles and practices, including regulatory requirements
- An excellent communicator who can articulate decisions to stakeholders at all levels
- You have worked in the second line of defence before
With over 150,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.