Credit Risk Assurance Analyst
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
This role plays a crucial part of our 3LOD model, sitting in our second line of defence. You’ll have a passion for all things risk management and compliance, understanding the importance of controls in mitigating our risk exposure, ensuring we always keep our members and our business safe. You’ll be a keen investigator, diving deep into cases to understand root causes of defects and spotting trends and patterns as you go which you can use for data-driven solutions. Finally, you’ll be a team player supporting our One Team mentality, working closely with your peers, risk owners and our close stakeholders to push a high quality culture.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be testing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls being operated in our 1st Line of Defence.
- You will be working in an independent team, conducting these reviews, and reporting regularly to the risk owners, 2nd Line risk leads and preparing content for senior management.
- You have a firm grasp of regulatory requirement which will assist in identifying problem areas and risks associated with current processes, procedures and policies.
- You will assist with risk assessments, gap analysis and action tracking, to adequately support the business with risk management practices as we continue to scale.
- You’ll be testing our 1LOD testing team to validate whether they had identified if the team(s) within the first line adhered to policy and regulation; whilst following processes and procedures.
- You’ll be working most closely with our range of Credit Risk controls, working closely with our Head of Credit and Financial Risk, the VP of Credit Services and key Credit Services stakeholders to provide assurance on our overall effectiveness and remaining risk exposure of our Credit products.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience working with a 3LOD model, specifically in the 2nd Line of Defence.
- You have experience in Quality Assurance – specifically control adequacy and effectiveness testing.
- You have 3+ years in a Compliance-related role, specialising in Credit Risk
- You have the ability to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive; able to adapt to different people and styles
- You have a passion for compliance and driving high quality
- You have excellent communication skills, including experience in report writing and the ability to influencing senior leadership through data-driven proposals.
- You have statistical analysis skills and are proficient in MS Excel
- You have experience in conducting risk assessments and gap analysis reports.
- You have experience with risk management practices.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.