Customer Service Specialist (Night shifts)
Department: Member Support
As a Customer Service Specialist – Night Shifts, you would be helping businesses across the UK to become success stories every day. You’ll love talking to people and have an empathetic nature along with a passion for solving customer problems. You will play a key part in helping Tide expand by providing around the clock support, every day of the year. Our mission is to save businesses time and money every day, and delivering fast and fluid support is key to achieving this. Solving problems quickly and giving clear and honest advice is what sets us apart from the traditional big banks.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Spotting patterns is second nature to you, and you’re always ready to highlight areas that can be improved
- Juggling priorities to ensure that members get the best support experience
- Getting to grips with tough banking challenges like unfamiliar transactions, missing payments, and direct debits
- Enjoy helping mentor new members of the team, and support them with your wisdom and experience and help out with common back office tasks
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills
- You comfortable using industry tools like Zendesk, GSuite, and Jira
- You are confident talking with our customers to help them get the most from their current account
- You enjoy finding novel ways to solve difficult problems
- You are always on the lookout for recurring issues and help create new workflows to solve them
- You have really strong organisational skills
- You have some experience working in customer service for the finance industry
- You have some experience working in startups
- You are able to work night shifts ( 7pm – 4am; 8pm – 5pm; 10pm – 7am).
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team and collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.