Customer Service Specialist (Overnight Shifts 11PM – 8AM)
Department: Member Services
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love. Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital). We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this…
As a Customer Service Specialist at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you’ll be helping businesses across the UK to become success stories every day. You’ll love talking to people, and have an empathetic nature along with a passion for solving customer problems.
This is a brand new team in our first office outside of the UK, based in Bulgaria. You will play a key part in helping Tide expand by providing around the clock support, every day of the year.
Our mission is to save businesses time and money every day, and delivering fast and fluid support is key to achieving this. Solving problems quickly and giving clear and honest advice is what set’s us apart from the traditional big banks.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll have excellent spoken and written English skills
- You’ll be comfortable using industry tools like Zendesk, GSuite, and Jira
- You’ll be confident talking with our customers to help them get the most from their current account
- You’ll enjoy finding novel ways to solve difficult problems
- You’ll always be on the lookout for recurring issues and help create new workflows to solve them
- Spotting patterns is second nature to you, and you’re always ready to highlight areas that can be improved
- You have really strong organisational skills and will be happy to juggle priorities to ensure that members get the best support experience
- You’ll want to get to grips with tough banking challenges like unfamiliar transactions, missing payments, and direct debits
- You’ll enjoy helping mentor new members of the team, and support them with your wisdom and experience and help out with common back office tasks
Although it’s not essential, the following would be nice to have:
- Experience working in customer service for the finance industry
- You’ve tried some of the more advanced features of Zendesk – like automations, triggers, and macros
- You’ll have experience working in startups
What are we like to work for?
• We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
• We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
• We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
• We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.