Customer Service Training Manager
Department: Member Services
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Customer Service Training Manager at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be helping businesses across the UK to become success stories every day. You’ll love talking to people, and have an empathetic nature along with a passion for solving customer problems.
This is a brand new team in our first office outside of the UK, based in Bulgaria. You will play a key part in helping Tide expand by providing around the clock support, every day of the year.
Our mission is to save businesses time and money every day, and delivering fast and fluid support is key to achieving this. Solving problems quickly and giving clear and honest advice is what set’s us apart from the traditional big banks.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work experience as a Customer Service Trainer or similar role
- Familiarity with interactive learning activities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Learning Management Software (LMS)
- Experience in sales or customer service positions is a plus
- BSc degree
- Additional certification in training is a plus
What your day will look like:
We are looking for a Customer Service Training Manager to educate our support, sales and customer service teams by conducting seminars and interactive courses.
Customer Service Training Manager responsibilities include facilitating on-the-job coaching, developing educational material and organizing training sessions for new hires. If you’re familiar with teaching soft skills like negotiation and problem-solving, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will make sure our customer service representatives develop their skills and successfully address clients’ needs. In addition you’ll:
- Develop digital and print educational material (e.g. videos and manuals)
- Organize classroom-style seminars
- Conduct role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills (e.g. negotiation, teamwork and conflict management)
- Identify individual and team skills gaps
- Schedule regular training sessions (e.g. monthly or quarterly)
- Ensure new hires take on basic sales training courses, including communication and troubleshooting skills
- Liaise with managers and encourage on-the-job coaching (e.g. how to handle difficult client cases)
- Coordinate mentorship programs for new customer service representatives
- Assess the impact of each educational course on staff performance and client satisfaction
- Maintain updated records of training curricula and material
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.