Data Governance Lead
As a Lead Data Governance Analyst , you will work with an agile mindset who is passionate about bringing order into enterprise data, identifying risks, opportunities and collaborating across the organization to implement solutions.
You’ll be working with the business and technology teams in order to help Tide to sparkle as a data driven organization, comply with regulatory requirements and monetize data.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with business and IT teams across the whole organization to understand challenges and opportunities related to data
- Defining data governance implementation roadmap aligned to Tide’s OKRs and strategic initiatives
- Participating in facilitation of Data Governance Working Groups, workshops and trainings to promote and educate Tideans about data governance best practices
- Contributing into creation of Data Governance Policy and Standards
- Cooperating with subject matter experts to define central business glossary, technical data dictionaries, catalog of reports and data quality rules
- Identifying and agree data ownership and stewardship with individuals
- Maintaining inventory of data sources and data lineage
- Capturing and facilitate resolution of data quality issues
- Defining data quality rules to allow automated measurement and reporting
- Promoting adoption of Data Governance Tool by filling it with metadata and providing trainings to the end users
- Building awareness and manage communication to help Tide to sparkle as a data driven organization
What you’ll get in return:
- Family health insurance
- Life and Accidental Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Dental Treatment Assistance
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget (fixed amount per year)
- Flexible working options
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have to understand data governance concepts, know how to apply them to address firm’s challenges and have experience in practical implementation
- You are familiar with Data Governance Tools such as Alation, Atlan, Collibra, Informatica, Solidatus or similar
- You have a collaborative style and agile mindset
- You have an additional advantage if you have experience with data privacy regulations such us GDPR or equivalents
- You have basics in SQL to query databases (SELECT, JOIN, GROUP BY) and have experience in building visualizations using BI Tools such as Looker, Power BI or similar
- You are self starter able to work with minimal supervision and translate high level objectives into actionable tasks
- You are very good communicator and easily build rapport with senior stakeholders
- You have passion to work with other people to define new and improve existing standards and processe
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.