Data Governance Manager – FinTech
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
You are a self-starter and quick learner with an agile mindset who is passionate about bringing order into enterprise data, identifying risks, opportunities and collaborating across the organisation to implement solutions.
You’ll be working with the business and technology teams in order to help Tide to sparkle as a data driven organisation, comply with regulatory requirements, empower data users and monetize data.
As a Data Governance Manager you’ll be:
- Working closely with business (Products, Marketing, Legal, Risk & Compliance) and technology (Data Analytics, Data Science, Backend, Front-end) teams across the whole organisation to understand challenges and opportunities related to data
- Building awareness and manage communication to help Tide to sparkle as a data driven organisation
- Defining data governance implementation roadmap aligned to Tide’s OKRs and strategic initiatives e.g. expansion to other countries, new products, data mesh
- Facilitation of working groups, workshops and trainings aimed at delivery of various initiatives and educating Tideans about data governance best practices
- Contributing into creation of Data Governance Policy and Standards
- Implementing Atlan as a strategic metadata tool (data glossary, data catalog, lineage, classification). Working with the vendor to define and implement new features and resolve issues.
- Cooperating with Data Stewards to define data glossary, data classification and integrate data sources in order to enable value streams. This is to help data consumers to be more efficient in identifying and using data for their use cases.
- Capturing and facilitating resolution of data quality issues
- Defining data quality rules to allow automated measurement and reporting
What makes you a great fit:
- Have 7+ years of experience into data governance
- Self starter able to work with minimal supervision and translate high level objectives into actionable tasks
- Very good communicator and easily build rapport with senior stakeholders
- Passion to work with other people to define new and improve existing standards and processes
- Understanding data governance concepts, know how to apply them to address firm’s challenges and have experience in practical implementation
- You are familiar with Data Governance and Data Observability tools such as Alation, Atlan, Collibra, Informatica, Monte Carlo, Solidatus or similar
- Collaborative style and agile mindset
- You have an additional advantage if you have experience with data privacy regulations such us GDPR or equivalents
- You have basics in SQL to query databases (SELECT, JOIN, GROUP BY) and have experience in building visualisations using BI Tools such as Looker, Power BI, Tableau or similar
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.