Data Protection Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Data Protection Officer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will be in charge of Tide’s privacy practices across all Tide Group companies and locations. You will champion data protection and privacy internally and externally. You will report directly to our General Counsel with direct access to all Tide Group Boards and Board Committees. You will work with all of our teams, including Product, Marketing, Member Services and People. Your directive is to drive a state-of-the-art privacy engine to enable Tide to not just comply with the data privacy regulations but to be the fintech leader in this area. Additionally, as part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of other tasks in addition to your main privacy duties.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising the company on EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and local data protection practices and policies
- Working with our product teams to embed privacy considerations into all of our products
- Conducting and monitoring Tide’s data protection impact assessments (DPIAs)
- Creating and running effective and engaging privacy trainings
- Working with new and existing third parties to promote privacy compliance
- Serving as the external privacy champion for our small business customers and supervisory authorities
- Working hand in hand with our security and technology teams to establish industry-leading data processes and controls
- Hands on collaboration at scale using Agile working models and frameworks
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Contagious passion for privacy
- Expert knowledge of GDPR and ICO approaches
- Relevant experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company or a financial services company (what’s better – combination of both!)
- Technical experience (i.e. understanding of data flows, encryption, etc.
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, security frameworks and how those fit into the data protection scheme
- Proven ability to balance and prioritise delivery on a multitude of projects at once
- Practical and sound business and legal judgement
- Service mindset
The highly desirables:
- Experience with different jurisdictions
- Passion for supporting small businesses
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.