Department: Design, UX & Brand
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Design Director at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you will work across both Product and marketing teams to shape and drive Tide’s creative direction. We’re looking for the next creative guru to take Tide and turn it into the FinTech leader in both product and brand design. Let’s not beat around the bush – we’re looking for the best talent. We’re a fast growing scale up, building amazing products that our members love. Now we want Tide to be the benchmark for FinTech cutting edge design.
You’ll be our creative product design thought-leader, our public voice and Tide representative.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be our design lead overseeing the entire product design function, including UI, UX , user research, , tone of voice and branding.
- As well as product design you will own the Tide brand and be visionary for how we communicate across our various channels
- You will be both highly creative and data driven, ensuring that all design ideas are fully tested and validated.
- You will lead and grow a team of talented designers, copywriters, researchers, creating a best in class internal design function. million pound budget
- You will create and clearly define the design vision, strategy, operating model and roadmap, taking Tide’s product and advertising to a whole new level.
- You will be the thought leader for Tide’s design strategy and communicate this both internally and externally.
- You will collaborate with various stakeholders, working with different cross functional teams ensuring design is embedded across the Tide
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You can inspire! You’re setting our creative tone which should motivate and inspire all our Tideans and encourage new members to join the platform
- You must have mobile and web product minded – everything you do should benefit the product
- Inhouse experienced – Scaling a product, understanding the strategic challenges
- You must be intensely customer focused – our members are what make Tide, and you should think about them in everything that you do
- Leadership experience – you not only manage your team well but you care about and encourage their development
- Experience scaling large distributed product design teams
- The ability to talk to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable experience in building brand and creative strategy
- The ability to collaborate across teams and manage stakeholders expectations
- You will love the finer details – every inch of your work must be perfect
- Developed and scaled in-house design and research teams embedding within the cross functional teams
The highly desirables:
- Agency background who has moved into Product
- Experience within a FinTech is a bonus but not essential
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members and putting them first.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, one type of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Tide is here for everyone. So why wouldn’t we build our teams like that? We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. And that is just one of the reasons why Tide is so great. We are proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.