Department: Design, UX & Brand
We're looking for an outstanding Design Manager to support our product design teams and enable them to focus their time on designing, building and shipping products.
Design Managers at Tide are passionate connectors and problem solvers. You will improve team communication, collaboration, and remove roadblocks. You'll utilize a full range of organisational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture, industry expertise, and team impact. You'll have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams as you establish great ways of working together.
Tide is a daily part of the lives of more than 240,000 members and business owners already, and your work here will help shape the way that members interact with their finances, to help them grow, and give them time back to do what they love.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product professionals, and hand-in-hand with product designers, developers, data scientists, product owners, and UX research to build, ship and create a world-class SME financial platform.
We're keen to ensure we're creating a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Identify and drive product initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders and many moving parts.
- Manage strategic initiatives that improve product team efficiency and impact.
- Facilitate opportunities to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establishing clear next steps and owners and resolving blocks that impede progress.
- Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger team.
- Measure the impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, product design, user research and content strategy to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Support the design management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution.
- Establish and execute activities that build team culture and community, team values and trust, and help individuals tie their work back to Tide’s mission.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You've managed a small team of Product Designers, Content Designers and Researchers to deliver digital products in a fast-growing company before, ideally within a similar sector (FS).
- You can demonstrate experience of understanding how your work fits into a wider context, and of recognizing and addressing challenges.
- You have experience working with product teams from road mapping through delivery.
- You’ve worked directly with product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists.
- You have experience as a design operations manager, digital producer, project manager or program manager with experience establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships.
- Experience in working in partnership with senior stakeholders in an advisory capacity, to provide analysis and recommendations.
- You're passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you'll create with all our users in mind.
- You have a data-informed mindset. You’re experienced in A/B testing tools and are adept at generating hypotheses for testing and learning.
- You care about the details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture, and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- You're passionate about sharing your knowledge and raising the bar for our design practice at Tide. Previous experience line managing is a big plus as we’re growing fast!
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who can juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your development for professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean