Design Operations Lead
Department: Design, UX & Brand
As our first Design Operations Lead you'll be at the heart of Tide’s design community. You’ll be operationally responsible for how user experience design is viewed and implemented across Tide, with a focus on introducing efficiency, consistency, and quality in four core areas of Design Ops; People development, Design Toolkit, Collaboration, and Design Value, whilst ensuring that the team stays connected, happy and can thrive professionally.
You are a passionate connector and problem solver. You'll improve team communication, collaboration, and remove roadblocks. You'll lead on our operational strategy and delivery to maximise the impact and value of human-centric design thinking for Tide. You'll utilise a full range of organisational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture, industry expertise, and team impact. You'll have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams as you establish great ways of working together.
You'll be working alongside experienced product professionals, and hand-in-hand with product designers, developers, data scientists, product owners, and UX research to build, ship, and create a world-class SME financial platform.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the smooth day-to-day running of the design team across product and brand marketing, including projects, processes, workflow, and tools, in line with commercial priorities and overall design vision
- Looking at how we can improve and iterate on the design team development; including onboarding experience, training opportunities and skills-mapping, recognition of performance
- Acting as a central point of contact for design operations, responding to and resolving questions, issues, and business problems to help the capability run efficiently
- Helping the design community to thrive through the creation and coordination of inspiring programs, processes, training, and events to foster learning and inspiration, work visibility, and connection across teams – for example, Design Festivals and Creative Round Tables.
- Instigating a continuous improvement program to bring the design team together across locations and to develop strong communication, better ways of working, and a positive, motivating, and inspiring working culture
- Contributing to new ways to build the external presence and awareness of the Tide’s design community
- Championing best-practice within the design team to support the delivery of project deliverables
- Identifying and driving product initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders and many moving parts
- Acting as a bridge between the Design team and the Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing teams by making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for
- Facilitating opportunities to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establishing clear next steps and owners, and resolving blocks that impede progress
- Proactively assessing risk, raising flags, and resolving issues before they become problems for the larger team
- Measuring the impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Supporting the design management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience as a design operations manager, digital producer, project manager, or program manager with experience establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships.
- You embody our Tidean values of being – data-driven, one team, and member first.
- You have a deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research.
- You're proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ personal skills and experiences.
- You have managed a growing team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and Researchers to deliver digital products in a fast-growing company before, ideally within a similar sector (FS).
- You can demonstrate experience of understanding how your work fits into a wider context, and of recognising and addressing challenges.
- You have experience working in partnership with senior stakeholders in an advisory capacity, to provide analysis and recommendations.
- You're passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you'll create with all our users in mind.
- You have a data-informed mindset. You’re experienced in A/B testing tools and are adept at generating hypotheses for testing and learning.
- You care about the details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture, and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- You're passionate about sharing your knowledge and raising the bar for our design practice at Tide. Previous experience in line managing is essential as we’re growing fast!
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.