Domain Owner – Data Warehousing & BI
As a Domain Owner for Data Warehousing & Business intelligence you’ll spearhead the effort of delivering a best in class global data infrastructure at Tide. You will lead the Central BI team which consistent of talented BI Engineers, Developers & Analyst with the goal to deliver timely & accurate data to the whole of Tide. You will work specifically close with the Analytics & decisioning team to deliver insight & model ready data.
This role will suit an individual who has a unique blend of hands on bi/data architect experience and leading data teams to execute on strategy and roadmap initiatives. Some key challenges will consist in supporting the teams’ needs as the company expands its product solutions and geographical footprint, ensuring the our data platform is scalable, efficient, performant, and setting up processes & structure to adapt to the company’s expansion.
Occasional traveling to our offices in Sofia and/or London is expected post-pandemic.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Translate business problems in specific industry to business development & engineering tasks
- Facilitate discovery workshops to validate business hypotheses, identify heuristics, data discovery, exploratory data analysis and validation metrics
- Facilitate grooming sessions to priorities product backlog
- Manage Central BI team within an agile delivery framework
- Design scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives
- Develop, document and maintain logical and physical data models that accurately reflect the existing environment and update for new projects
- Preparing the necessary BI/Analytics Solution architecture aligned to the business needs, data strategy, Domain architect and governance requirements.
- Analyze information flow and recommend appropriate technology to provide support to all business processes
- Responsible for the high-level architectural design and architectural strategy of the data solutions & Create and maintain the roadmap for the solutions considering complex IT systems landscape.
- You will be working with Snowflake, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have demonstrated experience managing and collaborating with multiple teams, coordinating across different cross-functional initiatives, and reaching consensus with diverse stakeholders
- You're technical with product management experience with either data management (building out data platforms), Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence products
- You have deep working knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and ETL
- You're proficient with SQL query language
- You're proficient with relational database concepts and schemas
- You'have proven experience in agile product management
- You have experience on contemporary enterprise information management architecture, design patterns and execution such as Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Modeling and Structure, Tools and Best Practices.
- You have a strong understanding of contemporary analytics environments including multi-cloud/hybrid cloud, big data technologies, including integration with existing data and You’re organized, pragmatic and capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping. analytics platforms and tools.
- You have knowledge of dimensional modelling, specifically designing, developing and maintaining STAR and/or snowflake schemas
- You have experience with SDLC within a Data Warehouse context, including experience using Git and familiarity with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- You are hands-on attitude, delivery oriented and results driven, with a pragmatic implementation focus;
- You have excellent communication and documentation skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You may also have demonstrated project management & leadership experience in financial services
- You may also be experienced in any Cloud Data Warehouse like IICS, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake..etc
- You may also have experience working with geographically distributed teams
- You may also have knowledge of confluence, JIRA or any other product management tools
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working options
- Stock options
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.