Engineer/Automation- SDET II
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be an integral part of the QA and Automation team. You'll have a growth mindset, adaptive, outcome oriented with strong experience in applying the testing pyramid, processes, tooling, and comfortable working in Agile environments. You will be a strong team player, leading and contributing to technical cross functional initiatives, providing constructive feedback to shape improvements and achieve technical excellence. Be part of data driven, forward thinking team that is dedicated to continuously improve the quality of Tide applications to create a market leading experience for our members.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Creating, reviewing, executing concise and comprehensive manual / automated test cases for mobile and web applications
- Following testing guidelines, principles and practices within organisation
- Being part of delivery team to release mobile and web apps
- Improving the test environment setup and data generation
- Fixing errors and issues in the existing system
- Fixing failed tests due to data issues
- Demonstrating solid analytical and communication skills
- To be part of the wider organisation
- To present test results
- To present defects identified
What you’ll get in return:
- Family health insurance
- Life and Accidental Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Dental Treatment Assistance
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget (fixed amount per year)
- Share Options
- Flexible working options
- Perks in the office
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have around 3 years of experience in functional and end-to-end testing (manual and automated)
- You have been exposed to working with engineers and building tests at different stages (e.g. unit tests, integration tests, service level or contract tests)
- You have experience working in automation frameworks like Selenium and Appium
- You have Intermediate level of knowledge in Java programming and demonstrate strong debugging skills
- You have experience in working with version control tools like Git
- You have been exposed to using basic SQL queries
- You have exposure in creating highly valuable test cases with attention to details
- You have working experience with Agile testing values and principles
- You have ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and help Prevent bugs in product
- You have any background in the digital banking and financial services domain would be beneficial
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.