As a Lead IT Operations, you’ll be managing all operations for IT Infrastructure and internal applications related technologies within Tide, while also being responsible for supporting the Head of Technology Operations with Software budgets..
Reporting to the Head of Technology Operations you will be an experienced IT infrastructure/Corporate IT professional and will have a background in IT Sys Admin, cloud native administration and management.. You’ll also be entrepreneurial and have the ability to manage IT Vendors that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Ownership of Tide’s Corporate IT and Infrastructure tech stack, managing current technology subscriptions,assessing their utilisation, integrating the multiples of SaaS applications with Tide systems
- Ensuring a high ROI on investments made on Applications and hardware.
- Preparing and managing IT infrastructure budget covering assets, services and application costs
- Being the checkpoint for IT approval on software/SAAS/hardware procurement by assessing them against compliance with target architecture, cost, alternatives and budget
- Working closely with infosec team to ensure a highly secure workplace infrastructure
- Owning the internal applications that are consumed by various teams across tide.
- Selection, deployment support and maintenance escalations with Application account managers on internal applications Including constant improvement/enhancement in the application performance/services.
- Taking responsibility for IT procurement and optimal usage of budget
- Implementing automation of periodic maintenance tasks relating to the IT Infrastructure and systems in conjunction with the wider Infrastructure team
- Monitoring and analysing the usage and ROI for the applications
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family health insurance
- Life & Accidental insurance
- 25 days Annual leaves
- We invest in your development with a INR 40,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Special dental allowance
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Attractive variable pay and Equity scheme
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience in managing internal IT infrastructure
- You have experience in managing a multiplication IT support team
- Experience in managing software budget
- You have a practical level of experience in deploying ITSM platforms and ticketing systems
- You have a practical level of experience administering network and security
- You have experience with Mobile device management tools
- You have experience with working with automation flows and systems to help implement these,
- You have experience or knowledge based around next general security tooling defined around zero trust networking
- You have previous experience in setting up a helpdesk/service desk, supporting employees in multiple locations
- You have experience in managing vendors, negotiating applications/software and services contract and IT procurement.
- Must have exposure to setting up, managing cloud infrastructure (AWS preferably)
- You are a self starter and have a mindset to deliver tools and software to drive automation
- Experience in Information and security as well as certifications like ISO 27001
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.