Escalations Team Lead
Department: Member Support
You’ll have experience managing a team of people dealing with complex customer situations and escalated queries (preferably in an FCA regulated environment)
Previous experience in helping teams handle difficult queries is a must, and you’ll have knowledge of developing staff to build and share knowledge in order to drive positive change. We are also looking for someone who has a sound understanding of the FCA’s expectations around vulnerable customers and can identify ways in which a team can foster the right culture in order to provide a positive service – specifically for those who are in desperate need or in dire straits.
We are on the lookout for people who challenge the status quo and think outside of the box to help a team deliver a seamless and barrier- free journey for our members.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
The Vulnerable Member Team is responsible for managing customers in vulnerable situations. The team is highly skilled and trained to manage a variety of circumstances from ill-health to mental capacity whilst empowered to agree on tailored solutions for our customers, providing support and peace of mind.
You will be responsible for providing support to vulnerable customers who require tailored solutions due to personal circumstances while protecting the reputation of Tide by getting things right and in line with our Member First approach.
- Managing a team of associates who will be handling queries from members who may be classed a vulnerable or who are at risk of becoming vulnerable
- Coaching and supporting the team to ensure fairness and consistency
- Acting as a bridge between our support and complaints teams in order to prevent escalations where possible
- Managing the performance of the team and providing constructive feedback
- Liaising with other stakeholders in the business, highlighting any needs for change
- Promoting the use of phone calls to enable swift and remedial actions when necessary
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have significant team management, leadership, or coaching experience
- You are a leader who takes control and has a strong focus оn customer satisfaction
- You demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You demonstrate excellent written English skills
- You possess effective problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- You are empathetic and work well with others
- You have analytical skills, planning, and organizing skills
- You are committed to cooperative and collaborative working
- You possess strong negotiating and influencing skills
- You have previous experience of liaising with stakeholders using persuasive skills to drive change
- You may also have knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and FCA’s principles around vulnerable customers
- You may also have an understanding of CRM – i.e Zendesk, Kustomer, Salesforce,
- You may also understand complaint handling regulatory requirements for the UK financial services.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team and collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.