Field Sales Team Lead
As a Field Sales and Events Team Lead for the Personal Contact Marketing channel, you will be creating a team from scratch and will be responsible for creating the strategy for Tide’s new field sales team. Your aim will be to generate new business for Tide via face to face interaction.
You and your team will be travelling the UK to spread the word about Tide. You’ll be incredibly data driven, organized with strong attention to detail, whilst you work to organize events and sales projects across two sales teams (Onboarding and Business Development). Working in a fast paced, ever changing environment will excite you, you’ll thrive working towards high targets in an environment of ambiguity and will have an interest in the fintech industry.
You will need to have leadership qualities and be able to motivate a task force in a data driven way, this will require you to build your own dashboards and monitor individual KPIs for the Field Sales agents, and yourself. You will be the ‘go-to’ person, so it's imperative that you are well organized and are able to work independently to prevent any potential blockers whilst providing visibility to other stake-holders.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Being responsible for building a team of successful field sales agents nationally around the U.K, and will be happy to own the entire end to end recruitment process for this (sourcing CVs via job ads, your own network and LinkedIn. You will also work with existing agencies and look to bring on new and improved ones).
- Suggesting alternative and creative solutions to ensure that we deliver on continuously hiring these temporary agents, such as attending recruitment fairs, working with marketing agencies etc. You may be required to work with our legal team to approve new contracts with third parties, especially any that are recruitment focused.
- Ensuring that their onboarding experience is seamless, creating and executing a new onboarding process. You’ll work to train and motivate new starters.
- Managing the temporary staff for these field sales projects – training them up, coaching them to success, being responsible for their targets and general day to day.
- Having required to travel around the U.K to monitor their performance, providing daily coaching and feedback to ensure that they are successful.
- Creating a strategy for scaling Tide’s field sales function
- Ensuring sales are compliant and agents are adhere to the Tide values
- Planning on weekly rotas, so that the agents time is split between calls and field sales work, to ensure that they are constantly motivated and not fatigued.
- Being responsible for the team budget, paying commission and initiatives, and will be happy to build a competitive commission structure for the agents.
- Responsible to have your own field sales targets to meet, and will be happy joining the team in and around London when necessary for coaching purposes (and further afield), where they will approach prospective leads and convert them into fully fledged Tide members.
- Being responsible for data driven and obsessed with targets – you will present daily and weekly on the field sales stats, and optimize based on the most successful locations and events.
- Handling events (both sales focused – such as exhibitions, team focused – such as quarterly days out, and recruitment focused – such as hiring evenings) will be organized end to end by yourself.
- Working with designers for exhibitions to set up our stands
- Organizing the correct merchandise and food orders
- Creating training materials ahead of the events
- Designing tracking metrics for the event
- Ordering the correct software and furniture for the event stands (TVs, Wifi, Laptops etc) You will be on stand during the event to ensure that it operates smoothly and will be responsible for the end to end target.
- Building strong relationships with the whole PCM team and will identify areas for management to improve wellbeing, as well as suggesting and executing on solutions in order to achieve this.
- Conducting monthly engagement surveys to further enhance your understanding of the team's engagement and will organize activities and initiatives to tackle this.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 3+ years applied experience in one of Paid Search or Paid Social and know the cutting edge-developments within that channel.
- You have 1+ supplementary experience in another channel such as Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliates, CRM and you’re willing and ready to learn more as are needed.
- You have demonstrable experience in driving large volumes of B2B lead acquisition.
- You have experience in driving quality traffic at scale in B2B Finance or equivalent and you want to become a real subject-matter expert in this field.
- You have experience across driving traffic to websites, mobile applications, call center's and understand how to maximize returns across all of them.
- You have a test-and learn mindset and you underpin that with excellent hypotheses, detailed documentation and effective implementation of positive results.
- You’re able to work seamlessly with a cross-discipline team, bringing complex marketing strategies to life with clear documentation, compelling communication and a collaborative mindset.
- You are comfortable with using data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau as your source-of-truth and are able to tell compelling stories using them.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech's in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.