Financial Accountant – 12 month Maternity Cover
As a Financial Accountant, you’ll be highly organised, detail orientated, diligent, and has excellent time-management skills. We need a supportive team player who is also able to take the initiative, be proactive and work autonomously through much of their workload. Having worked in a similar role in the past they will be a self-starter and able to hit the ground running.
The right candidate must have a real interest in Finance but be willing to get stuck into anything and be confident working with people from right across the business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Being responsible for accuracy and completeness of AP, AR, and cash book in Xero
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Managing purchase ledger entry and AP – including invoice processing and approval, replying to internal stakeholders and supplier queries, payment queries and providing remittance advice
- Managing the month-end reporting process including prepayments and accruals postings, payroll, and other journals
- Processing supplier payment run, reporting, and review
- Reviewing bank balances on a daily basis, working capital cash flow forecasting
- Responsible for reviewing and substantiating the balance sheet
- Preparing management accounts; reviewing the month on month movements and providing variance analysis
- Preparing the quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with the annual audit of the legal entity financial statements
- Maintaining complete and accurate records, either paper or soft copy
- Assisting with compiling other ad hoc management and regulatory reports, supporting ad hoc finance tasks as required
- Supervising the Finance Assistant
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in cost accounting, management accounting or financial accounting, bookkeeping, and banking reconciliations
- You are part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have good attention to detail
- You are proactive and take the initiative
- You are process-driven and like to implement best in class processes and procedures
- You may also be experienced with Xero (highly preferred)
- You may also have experience working in financial services (preferred)
- You are available quickly to undertake a handover period
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.