Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
It’s exciting times here at Tide, we are scaling and developing our product offering at a phenomenal rate and have made our first step into our ambitious plans towards international expansion with our move into the Indian SME marketplace. We need someone to be proactive, take initiative and build out best in class financial reporting and control processes and procedures for our Indian operations.
As our new Financial Controller you’ll be responsible for the financial controllership of our legal entities and supporting the Tide Group. You will be responsible for the accuracy of Tide’s financial and regulatory reporting, manage both internal and external reporting, as well as build out the legal entity control function for the Tide UK and EU entities.
As a Financial Controller you’ll be:
- Owning the management reporting for specific entities: ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all financial transactions; ensuring correct accounting treatment for our revenue generating products which cover payment services and credit services, undertaking variance analysis and explaining month on month movements
- Collaborating closely with the Product Managers from different business areas, Financial Risk Management and FP&A to provide analysis of the credit and financial performance of the credit portfolio and entities
- Building robust financial control processes, balance sheet substantiation procedures and strengthening internal control framework
- Preparing annual financial statements and associated audit packs and being the main point of contact for the external audit
- Preparing ad-hoc and quarterly investor reports
- Preparing financial data for regulatory reporting requirements
- Managing relationships with external stakeholders including statutory auditors, tax advisors, debt providers and insurance brokers
- Maintaining accounting policies and audit papers for material transactions, e.g. regular testing of provision levels, credit loss rates against the credit provisioning policy, revenue recognition policies etc.
- Collaborating with the Global Treasury team on cash management, cash flow forecast and monitor financial covenants
- Collaborating with the Group financial reporting team to ensure consistency and adherence with Group reporting policies, controls and procedures
- Collating financial data for the preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns, ensuring compliance with tax legislation
- Maintaining the financial risk stress testing model and reporting risks to the Finance & Audit Committee
- Supporting the implementation of the new accounting system and establishing best practice processes
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve reporting processes, operations and systems
What makes you a great fit:
- Experience working in fintech space
- Experienced in dealing with the statutory audit of financial services company
- Experienced in working with large data sets
- You hold a professional finance qualification
- 2+ years PQE
- Hold a degree from a top-tier university
- Strong financial acumen and excellent technical accounting skills. Familiar with accounting standard and disclosure requirements under UK GAAP and/or IFRS
- Experienced in the accounting for credit products and valuation of credit risk or interchange revenue.
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business and owning your work with minimal hands-on management
- Commercial acumen
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility for business-critical financial operations
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Curious mind and high level of problem solving capability
- Motivated by making a difference and getting things done
- You would like to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Personable, and able to build strong working relationships
- Tech savvy
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.