Financial Crime Analyst
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
The Financial Crime Analyst will investigate all Financial Crime types, to ensure that the correct actions are being taken to identify and report Financial Crime concerns. This individual will be responsible for undertaking investigations into Tide members to understand if Financial Crime concerns exist. If Financial Crime concerns are identified, it is the responsibility of the Financial Crime analyst to report these directly to the NCA. The role will look to ensure Tide meets its regulatory obligation to identify and report suspicious behavior in a timely manner.
The role will report to the Tide`s Financial Crime Team Leader and sit within the second line of defense indirectly reporting to the Head of Financial Crime, you will be required to meet weekly, monthly and quarterly targets for both output and quality to ensure the team stays within its required SLA. You may also be involved in wider Financial Crime projects working with other teams such as KYC and Ongoing Monitoring.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Investigating cases of fraud/money laundering and discovering potential links with external accounts – this may include analysis of complex networks and accounts;
- Advising and guiding other members of the team on investigations;
- Liaising with law enforcement including writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where required and conducting typology and sector reviews;
- Managing your own case load to meet performance targets;
- Supporting 1st line of defense teams in how you identify suspicious behavior.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 1+ years of experience in a Compliance-related role, specialising in business-related anti-money laundering/fraud investigations at a leading FinTech or bank;
- You are able to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive;
- You have a good understanding of the UK/EEA AML/CTF framework, including 4MLD, POCA, UK MLRs, FCA regulations, JMLSG, PSD2;
- You have written Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs);
- You have conducted investigations including transaction reviews;
- You may also have a university degree.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.