Financial Crime Analyst – Contract (Remote)
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As part of this team, you will be reporting directly to the MLRO and be central in the development of Tide’s AML policies and procedures. You will be the most senior analyst in the Financial Crime team and your experience will be key in handling more complex cases and mentoring the team, with the MLRO, as we grow.
Some things you’ll be doing
- Investigating cases of fraud / money laundering and discover potential links with external accounts – this may include analysis of complex networks and accounts; advising and guiding other members of the team on investigations; liaise with law enforcement including writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where required and conduct typology and sector reviews.
- Leading on projects developing financial crime controls and provide quality assurance on many financial crime processes including PEP/Sanction alters, investigations, SARs and conversations with customers (financial crime related).
What you’ll get in return:
- Gross salary will be 60K per Month
- 2 Paid leaves per month
- Family & Self Health Insurance
- Life & Accidental Insurance
- Company IT assets (Laptop, Mouse, etc.)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 2+ year of experience in a Compliance-related role, specializing in business related
- You must have written Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- You have an understanding of UK/EEA AML/CTF framework, including 4MLD, POCA, UK MLRs, FCA regulations, JMLSG, PSD2
- You must have conducted investigations including transaction reviews
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.