Financial Crime Manager (India Product)
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As Financial Crime oversight Manager, you will report to the Head of Financial Crime Risk and own the definition of 2nd Line of oversight for Financial Crime controls across the company for all products within Tide India portfolio.
You will be a deep subject matter expert in Financial Crime Risk Management and relevant regulations. You will interpret relevant regulations and advise the Head of Financial Crime on Tide’s approach to meeting them. You will also be responsible for drafting/ reviewing Financial crime policies whilst balancing Tide’s risk appetite and commercial objectives.
You will also work collaboratively with the 1st Line of Defence to agree policy approach and be able to challenge 1st LoD recommendations where you believe they are excessive (or indeed not rigorous enough). You’ll support the Head of KYC and Transaction Monitoring the with prioritization of work, based on regulatory requirements and risk to Tide.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Interpreting RBI and other regulations and advising the Head of Financial Crime Risk of India related risks.
- Writing Financial Crime and related policies and procedures (high level processes)
- Reviewing existing processes for policy adherence and working with teams to agree and implement changes to processes
- Proactively advising product teams and ensuring that new product build is regulation and policy compliant
- Proactively advising Product teams on the Financial crime controls to be built in product design.
- Recurring product risk assessment and advising on any control enhancements.
- Collaborating with 1st LoD to agree policy changes and constructively challenge where necessary.
- Providing support with audits and oversight from banking partners
- Providing support in regulatory matters, queries or audits.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance, Life insurance and Accident insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Dental Benefit
- Learning & Development Budget
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have deep knowledge of financial crime regulation and stay abreast of changes to regulations
- Experience in, and strong understanding of, AML/CTF governance and regulatory control frameworks and best practices
- You’ve operated at a senior level in a 2nd Line of Defense function, Risk & Compliance or Internal Audit
- Relevant experience in banking and financial services in the field of business banking. Exposure to Client Onboarding, Financial Crime Screening and Transaction Monitoring.
- Good knowledge of risk indicators in relation to various money laundering and terrorist financing typologies
- You are pragmatic and look to find solutions that balance meeting regulatory and internal policy requirements with providing excellent customer service to our members and meeting commercial objectives
- You are able to clearly articulate the regulatory risks and trade-offs with different process and procedure options
- You can write great, easy-to-read and digestible policies and procedures
- You are used to challenging senior stakeholders and remain robust when challenged yourself
- You have prior experience in business banking in an RBI regulated environment. Experience at a FinTech or technology-driven regulated institution is a bonus!
- You are enthusiastic about providing a great service to our members, whilst balancing this with risk management.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.