Financial Crime Operations Analyst
Department: Financial Crime
Employment Type: Full-time
Please note: working hours for this role will be 9am-6pm, Wednesday – Sunday
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we have over 120,000 members (what we like to call our customers), over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As a Financial Crime Operations Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will be the focal communication point between our Financial Crime team, our financial services provider and our members.
The Financial Crime Operations team underpin the wider FinCrime function overseeing an array of tasks including (but not limited to): managing the team inboxes – receiving reports of fraud from other banks, law enforcement and our third-party providers; conducting initial investigations into suspicious account activity; handling fraud-related refunds; ensuring the team are prioritising cases as appropriate and tracking the status of investigations as necessary with the NCA.
We’re an international scale up, we’re highly driven and we move quickly! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You will have worked in an environment that is heavily-focused on written communication with customers and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and relate well with people from a variety of backgrounds and levels
- Strong attention to detail – you will be able to identify and analyse trends in transaction activity
- Great communicator – you will be able to explain complex information in a simple and easy to understand way
- Good understanding of financial services terminology – ideally within fraud/risk
- You will remain calm under pressure – patient, empathetic and most importantly, must have a positive mindset
- Driven by complex problem-solving and excited by the challenge or live, real-world challenges
- Being able to use your initiative to prioritise urgent tasks versus on-going monitoring.
The highly desirables:
- Previous experience in a Financial Crime function would be advantageous but is not essential
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.