Financial Crime (QA Analyst)
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As a Financial Crime Quality Assurance Analyst you will monitor adherence to all Financial Crime processes ensuring that the correct actions are being taken to identify and report Financial Crime concerns. You'll also assist in creating, developing, and implementing Financial Crime quality processes and procedures for Tide. You'll assess technical accuracy, customer service performance, and conformity to company policies and procedures, through sampling of Financial Crime reviews on a weekly basis to identify training gaps.
You'll report to our Financial Crime Trainer and sit within the second line of defence and indirectly reporting to the Head of Financial Crime. You'll also be required to produce weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that will be shared directly with senior management including Tides MLRO. You will work closely with the Financial Crime Trainer to advise on areas that need to be improved and what can be done to remove such gaps.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Monitoring financial crime analysts’ adherence to key processes
- Conducting effective coaching sessions to share feedback on the QA audit
- Providing feedback to the associates
- Generating QA reports
- Achieving the sampling plan target that was given
- Conducting Monthly Performance Review for each analyst – review performance, share findings, and set goals
- Working closely with the peers to implement quality strategies and drive the overall project’s performance
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 2+ years of financial crime experience
- You have experience in conducting quality reviews
- You are excellent in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- You are self-motivated and self-starter
- You are focused on quality and customer service
- You have exceptional listening and analytical skill
- You have ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced, team environment
- You are adaptable well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech's in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your development with 20,000INR for professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.