Financial Crime Team Leader
Department: Risk & Compliance
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Financial Crime Team Leader at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will report directly to the VP of Financial Crime/MLRO, and line manage our team of awesome FinCrime Analysts! This includes managing their day-to-day workload and taking responsibility for their personal development, whilst managing the overall workload of the team. You will also provide Management Information to the VP Financial Crime/MLRO and other senior management where necessary.
You will review SARs, ensuring they are of the highest quality, and conduct investigations of our more complex cases. Where required, you will advise and guide analysts on cases, conduct assurance on a variety of processes within Financial Crime and suggest improvements to existing controls and processes where you see fit. Where necessary, you will conduct typology reviews and oversee law enforcement enquiries and CCJ cases. Our FinCrime team is already great – we want you to keep driving that whilst we go through significant growth!
Who are we looking for?
- You will have conducted investigations into a variety of financial crime types
- You will have detailed knowledge of SARs and what a great SAR looks like
- You will have good understanding of financial crime control frameworks
- You will be comfortable with data – you don’t need to be an expert, but you’ll be comfortable enough with a spreadsheet and dashboards
- You will be comfortable with technology – we use several internal systems but you’ll be comfortable making suggestions for improvements
- Ideally experience within a FinTech would be advantageous but we’d also welcome banking experience too
- Management experience
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.