Group Financial Controller
As our new Group Financial Controller you’ll report to the VP of Finance and be responsible for the financial controllership of the company. It’s exciting times here at Tide, we are scaling and developing our product offering at a phenomenal rate! Having made our first step into our ambitious plans towards international expansion with our move into the Indian SME marketplace, we need someone to own the global financial control function, and build out world class finance and accounting practices.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building robust financial control processes and strengthening internal control framework
- Ensuring proper books and records for all financial transactions
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of monthly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, annual financial statements and regulatory reporting
- Maintaining best practice documentation of accounting policy and papers for material transactions and revenue recognition
- Legal entity control, consolidation and intercompany balance reconciliation
- Managing relationships with external auditors, tax advisors and outsourced accounting providers, including for regional offices in Bulgaria and India
- Collaborating with other departments on tax and accounting matters – Acting as taxation SME across the group
- Collate financial data for the preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns, ensuring compliance with tax legislation
- Regular reporting of financial performance, financial risk, financial control and taxation matters to the Finance & Audit Committee
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve accounting processes, operations and systems. Including driving the upgrade of the core ledger and reporting system.
- Overseeing the monthly ledger close, cost accounting and accounts payable function
- Growing and developing the financial control team
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience working in a financial services company (Banking, Lending, Payments Services)
- You have strong financial acumen and excellent technical accounting skills. Familiar with accounting standard and disclosure requirements under UK GAAP and/or IFRS
- You are experienced in dealing with the statutory audit of financial services company
- You hold a professional finance qualification (ACA preferred)
- You are 5+ years PQE
- You are confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business and owning your work with minimal hands-on management
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- You have the ability to take responsibility for business-critical financial operations
- You have exceptional organisational skills
- You have a curious mind and high level of problem solving capability
- You are motivated by making a difference and getting things done
- You would like to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Your are personable, and able to build strong working relationships
- You are tech savvy
- You may have fintech experience
- You may hold a degree from a global top-tier university
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.