Head of Analytics – Finance & Strategy
Internal Job Title: Head of Commercial Analytics
Department: Insights & Data Analytics
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
Tide is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head of Commercial Analytics to drive our financial strategy through an exceptional understanding of unit economics, pricing, and analytical methods. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analytics, coupled with experience in the fintech, investment banking, or VC/PE industries.
As a Head of Commercial Analytics you’ll be:
- Collaborate closely with our CFO, leadership team, and investors to shape our data-driven financial strategy.
- Lead the commercial analytics function, driving strategic financial insights, particularly around unit economics.
- Act as an ambassador and CoP leader for data-driven decision-making within the company, ensuring that insights are shared and acted upon across departments.
- Work primarily with the Finance department, while also collaborating with product, marketing and operations leaders and their teams on various projects.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with C-level executives and senior investors outside of and during any future fundraising processes.
- Utilise your deep understanding of economic concepts, such as P&L and balance sheet composition, unit economics, retention and activation, marginal returns, and pricing economics, to drive our financial strategy.
- Demonstrate excellent project management and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organisation.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have 8+ years of experience into Commercial Analytics & Strategy
- A degree in economics, mathematics or STEM graduate.
- Extensive experience in fintech or consumer tech firms
- Proven experience working with high growth digital propositions, large data sets, and either consumer or mass market SMEs.
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts, such as confidence intervals, cohort analysis, forecasting techniques, machine learning, and various forms of sample selections and biases.
- Excellent communication skills, with expertise in data visualisation and storytelling.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders building and evaluating internal business cases
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python or R.
- Understanding of fundraise process and investor reporting
- A collaborative working style, with the ability to influence and build relationships across the organisation.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.