Head of Commercial Analytics
You are a seasoned data analytics professional who is passionate about bringing data to life by deeply understanding a company from a quantitative point of view, identifying opportunities and working together with stakeholders in order to make sure that these opportunities are heard and acted upon.
You’ll be working primarily with the Finance area in order to help us shape our strategy using data. For most projects, you will tightly collaborate with the product, marketing and operations departments as well.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with our CFO, leadership team and investors to help us shape our strategy using data
- Being an ambassador for data driven decision making within Tide, ensuring that insights are shared and acted upon
- Owning the roadmap of company wide reporting and analytics initiatives including
- Unified view of unit economics, past and forward looking
- Unified view of product portfolio
- Unified view of customer lifecycle
- Cross area customer value segmentation
- Working with our product teams to help prioritize and evaluate initiatives as well challenge commercial assumptions
- Defining and coach best analytics practices and provide coaching to analysts
What you’ll get in return:
- Fully remote job
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are educated to degree level in economics, mathematics, statistics or a similar discipline
- You have working experience ideally in a FinTech, Investment Bank or a VC
- You have experience in high growth digital propositions with large data sets, either consumer or mass market SME
- You have worked with C-level executives and have had interaction with investors at a senior level during fundraising process
- You have a strong understanding of statistical concepts such as
- Confidence intervals
- Cohort analysis
- Forecasting techniques including a basic understanding of machine learning
- Various forms of sample selections and biases
- You have strong communication skills, including areas of
- Data visualization
- Data storytelling
- You have a good understanding of economic concepts such as
- Composition of P&L and balance sheet
- Unit economics
- Retention and activation
- Marginal returns
- You have strong experience using SQL for data extraction and manipulation
- You have experience in a programming language such as Python or R
- You have good project management experience
- You have excellent stakeholder management experience.
- You have a collaborative style and the ability to influence at all levels in the organisation
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.