Head of Data Science
As the Head of Data Science, you will be leading the data science team. Reporting into the director of data science and analytics, you will be responsible for hiring and training the data science team, iteration of our processes and tools and identification of new opportunities to use Machine Learning to help Tide achieve it’s goals.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work across the whole organization on a variety of data science use cases and adopt cutting edge machine learning techniques. You’ll be working closely with the data engineering teams in order to help productionize models as well as various business areas in order to identify new opportunities and ensure proper framing of machine learning problems.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the data scientists in your team to ensure that best practices are followed
- Owning the data science processes and tools; survey new developments within the data science space and adapt them within Tide
- Working closely with the business and the data science team in order to ensure that ML projects are aligned to business needs
- Working closely with the business in order to identify new opportunities for ML
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience leading a team of at least 10 data scientists across a variety of business domains
- You have strong experience modelling techniques including NLP techniques such as LSTMs and BERT
- You have excellent familiarity with at least one of pytorch or tensorflow
- You have expert knowledge in statistics and probability theory
- You have strong business acumen, ideally in the FinTech space
- You are familiar with distributed processing frameworks such as spark
- You have experience in deploying models in production
- You are familiar with model governance concepts such as explainability or fairness
- You’re a results-oriented person who’s inclusive and collaborative in your approach
- You demonstrate extreme ownership and drive tasks to completion
- You have excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid leave
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.