Head of Financial and Credit Risk
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As the Head of Financial and Credit Risk, you will play a senior role in the Risk and Compliance team, the second line of defence at Tide. Reporting to the VP Risk and Compliance, you will be responsible for leading our risk management for financial risk and credit risk.
You will work closely with our 1LOD risk owners for financial risk and credit risk to understand their strategy and roadmap, enhance our 2LOD monitoring and oversight, provide subject matter expertise on policy and procedure, form key risk indicators and risk appetite, work with our Regulatory and Compliance team on any upcoming regulatory requirements, provide oversight, and reporting to the relevant risk committees. Initially this role will be an opportunity to get stuck in and do a lot of the tasks yourself, and overtime as you hire your team and build it out you will become more strategic.
The role works closely with our 1LOD Credit team and Finance team so you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of Tideans. Your role will be varied; you might be working with our VP of Finance on wind-down plans and stress testing, reviewing the Credit team’s adherence to policies, working with the VP of Credit on a new credit product, or creating reporting for the Risk and Compliance Committee.
If you’re someone who likes to get things done, get involved and in the detail, but also strategically plan, this is the role for you! This is a really exciting opportunity to make an impact, play a key role in our 2LOD risk management, and grow as Tide grows.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building our 2LOD risk management for financial and credit risk. This includes working with the 1LOD risk owners on policies, procedures, and risk appetite
- Conducting 2LOD oversight of the activities of the 1LOD. Over time as you hire your team, you will do less ‘doing’ and more strategic planning
- Conducting portfolio and data analysis
- Challenging the 1LOD where necessary
- Providing reporting to the Risk and Compliance Committee, and Financial and Credit Risk sub-committees
- Working with the Credit team as they roll out new products, to understand and assess the risk, make 2LOD recommendations, and manage, mitigate and oversight the risks as necessary
- Evolving our policies and procedures relating to financial risk and credit risk
- Implementing any regulatory requirements
- Working with our Regulatory and Compliance team and 1LOD team on regulatory reporting, including checking the reporting we’re providing to the regulator is accurate and correct
- You also have experience in a few financial services companies, so you have a variety of experience and really understand how to apply a risk management framework to Tide
- You are collaborative and a great team player – you will build great relationships with stakeholders across the business to understand and manage the risks posed by the vendors in each area
- You have a background in consumer lending as well as SME lending
- You are a subject matter expert in financial risk and credit risk. You know the regulations inside out and you know how to apply them in a risk-based approach to a growing business
- You’re great with data, happy working with dashboards and data files. You can spot inconsistencies or potential risk indicators in data
- You have an excellent understanding of risk management and the three lines of defence model
- You are a self-starter – you take initiative in forming processes and structure and need little supervision
- You are able to deal with multiple projects and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- You are not afraid to challenge others, but in a constructive and collaborative way
- You are happy getting stuck in and getting in the detail, spotting potential issues or risks as they emerge, but you are also comfortable with strategic planning
- You may have experience working for a Fintech
- You may have experience working in a Scale-Up
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fin techs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.