Head of KYC
Employment Type: Full-time
As the Head of KYC at Tide, fondly referred to as a Tidean (a god like challenger of the banking world), you will be responsible for a team of KYC analysts in two countries, whose role is to conduct stringent checks and due diligence at the onboarding stage and throughout the customer life cycle, to ensure compliance with AML regulation. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data-driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
The KYC team’s day is busy, processing volumes of new applications, performing limit increase checks and carrying out further enhanced due diligence.
You will be assisted by a large team of KYC professionals along with cutting edge technology and systems.
You will be the subject matter expert on KYC, corporate due diligence and AML risk and managing a team of about 40 analysts, which is rapidly growing. Responsibilities will include:
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and overseeing individual and team KPIs / OKRs
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuous knowledge sharing with the team.
- Creating processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous KYC standards whilst building efficiency where possible.
- Working with Product Owners to build automation and system improvements.
Who are we looking for?
- A proven KYC manager that can scale teams to 100+
- Highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning.
- Tech mindset
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict.
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently.
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years road-map ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.