Head of KYC
Employment Type: Full-time
As the Head of KYC at Tide, fondly referred to as a Tidean (a god like challenger of the banking world), you will be responsible for a team of KYC analysts in two countries, whose role is to conduct stringent checks and due diligence at the onboarding stage and throughout the customer life cycle, to ensure compliance with AML regulation. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data-driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
The KYC team’s day is busy, processing volumes of new applications, refreshing existing customer’s KYC, conducting ongoing monitoring of KYC profiles, and carrying out further enhanced due diligence.
As our first line of defense, you will be assisted by a large team of KYC professionals along with product owners, BA’s and engineers to manage and improve our cutting edge technology and systems.
You will be the subject matter expert on KYC, corporate due diligence and AML risk, with a passion for compliance and quality. You will manage a team of about 50 analysts, which is rapidly growing.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast-paced environments, cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Evaluating and where necessary, improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous KYC standards whilst building efficiency where possible;
- Managing and overseeing individual and team KPIs / OKRs;
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuous knowledge sharing with the team;
- Working with Product Owners to build automation and system improvements;
- Working closely with our MLRO and second line of defense (Risk and Compliance) to ensure we meet policies and regulatory requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- A proven KYC manager that can scale teams to 100+;
- Highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning;
- Tech mindse;
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence;
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, and dealing with multiple senior stakeholders;
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently;
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective.
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years road-map ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.