Head of KYC
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
Tide is the emerging leader in SME challenger banking in the UK and has been ranked as a Top 100 FinTech by KPMG. We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. That’s why we are passionate about our mission is to help SMEs – our members – save time (and money).
The Tide platform not only offers business bank account and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly usable administrative solutions, such as full integration with accounting systems. Tide believes that truly serving SMEs well requires relentless focus on their needs. That is why Tide is SME only.
Based in central London and Sofia, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Alex Chesterman (Zoopla) as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Augmentum, Creandum, LocalGlobe and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As the Head of KYC at Tide, fondly referred to as a Tidean (a god like challenger of the banking world), you will be responsible for a team of KYC analysts in two countries, whose role is to conduct stringent checks and due diligence at the onboarding stage and throughout the customer life cycle, to ensure compliance with AML regulation.
The KYC team’s day is busy, processing volumes of new applications, performing limit increase checks and carrying out further enhanced due diligence.
You will be assisted by a large team of KYC professionals along with cutting edge technology and systems.
You will be the subject matter expert on KYC, corporate due diligence and AML risk and managing a team of about 40 analysts, which is rapidly growing.
- Managing and overseeing individual and team KPIs / OKRs
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuous knowledge sharing with the team.
- Creating processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous KYC standards whilst building efficiency where possible.
- Working with Product Owners to build automation and system improvements.
Who are we looking for?
- A proven KYC manager that can scale teams to 100+
- Highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning.
- Tech mindset
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict.
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently.
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.