Head of KYC UK
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As Head of KYC, you will be leading the team responsible for all matters related to KYC, from onboarding and throughout the member lifecycle. Reporting to the VP of Member Operations UK, you will be accountable for continuing the strategy for KYC, working closely with 100+ analysts and managers, KYC trainer, and a dedicated product team to build best-in-class KYC systems. You will ensure we remain compliant whilst providing great levels of service to our members. You’ll also work closely with other financial crime risk teams, such as ongoing monitoring and financial crime to uncover trends, themes and typologies ensuring that the KYC team is managing those risks, as our first line of defense.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Evaluating and, where necessary, improving processes in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous KYC standards whilst building efficiency where possible
- Managing and overseeing individual and team KPIs / OKRs
- Being the subject matter expert on KYC, providing ongoing training and continuous knowledge sharing with the team. You must have an excellent understanding of FCA and other regulatory requirements for KYC, such as FATCA/CRS, and understand how to implement them in a risk-based approach.
- Implementing new regulations, such as the 6AMLD, with support from our 2LOD teams
- Working with multiple Product Owners to build automation, and system improvements.
- Working closely with our MLRO and 2LOD (Risk & Compliance) to ensure we meet policies and regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder engagement – you’ll work with a variety of stakeholders including the CEO and MLRO, as well as our partner bank. You’ll also work with auditors and the FCA where necessary.
- Ensuring we deliver the highest level of service to our members, whilst balancing this with managing our financial crime risk. This involves implementing and maintaining member-focussed and fraud-related SLAs
- Managing the team of awesome analysts and team leaders across multiple countries, including being responsible for their development and working with the KYC trainer to ensure they have ongoing training and maintain a high level of quality
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are enthusiastic about providing a great service to our members, whilst balancing this with risk management
- You have a proven management experience that can scale teams across multiple countries
- You have prior experience in business banking in an FCA regulated environment. Experience at a FinTech or technology-driven regulated institution is a bonus! You need to understand regulatory requirements with regards to KYC, and know how to work with your teams to implement them.
- You are passionate about fighting financial crime with great knowledge of financial crime risks in KYC
- You are highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning
- You have a tech and automation mindset. You’re comfortable with a risk engine, you understand the opportunities for automation and where data sources can be used
- You drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- You are comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, and managing multiple senior stakeholders
- You are a multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- You are able to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Quality is very important to you – you’ll work closely with our Head of QC to constantly improve quality.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday plus family holidays
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- Special covid insurance and company sponsored schemes
- We invest in your development with 20,000INR for professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.