Head of Lifecycle Marketing
As the Head of Lifecycle Marketing, you’ll be passionate about understanding customer needs, motivations and behaviours. You will be responsible for all member lifecycle marketing at Tide, stretching from first activation through to retention. You will manage the lifecycle marketing team to nurture, engage and deepen relationships with our members, working across multiple channels including in-app, web, and email.
You will bring a test and learn, data driven approach to lifecycle marketing, and work with CRM managers and the Data & Analytics team to build out a member targeting strategy. This will allow you to deliver on the goal of increasing activation and engagement with the platform, while increasing subscription plan retention rates.
You will also be responsible for leading a team of copywriters and content managers to create great campaigns, working in close partnership with our in-house Design team. For this, you’ll have an eye for detail and a passion for bringing great campaigns to life. You will be self-motivated and build strong networks across multiple areas of the business, working as ‘one team’ to deliver for our members. You will also have the seniority and experience to build and lead a high performing team.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Defining the strategy and vision for lifecycle communications to Tide members
- Delivering multiple campaigns and initiatives in parallel, leveraging dynamic segmentation to ensure the right message is sent to the right member at the right time
- Delighting our members with perfectly timed offers and perks that deliver on our goal of saving members time and money
- Optimising copy and content across all channels, working with the Design team to ensure all communications are simple, impactful and on-brand
- Implementing A/B tests across channels in order to continually refine our approach
- Managing requests from multiple key stakeholders, allocating assignments effectively across the team
- Leading a team of high-performing CRM managers, copywriters and content managers
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Sabbatical leave
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have an extreme customer focused mindset, and are deeply passionate about understanding customer needs, motivations and behaviours
- You’ve spent at least five years in a high growth business (ideally a fintech or a start-up) leading multi-channel lifecycle marketing campaigns
- You’ve proven your ability to increase activation, engagement and retention rates
- You have creative flair and an eye for detail, and love to develop engaging content
- You are a great writer and communicator, and can translate complex messages into simple yet highly effective campaigns
- You’ve worked effectively with external partners, integrating content and offers to drive value to members
- You have great stakeholder management skills, and are able to work effectively across different functional teams (eg. Product, Design, Accession Marketing)
- You are a great team leader, able to motivate and inspire others, while building a high-performing team
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.