Head of Ongoing Monitoring
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As a Head of Ongoing Monitoring, you will be leading the team responsible for transaction monitoring, PEP and sanction screening, and ongoing activity reviews of our highest risk members.
Reporting to the VP of Member Operations UK, you will be in charge of the strategy for Ongoing Monitoring, working closely with a dedicated product team to build best-in-class ongoing monitoring systems and ensuring we identify suspicious activity whilst providing great levels of service to our members. Working with the Financial Crime team, which is our second line of defence, you will uncover trends, themes and typologies and ensure that the Ongoing Monitoring team is managing those risks, as our first line of defence.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Product and Data teams to constantly improve and evolve our systems, for example refining the transaction monitoring rules to reduce false positives and catch more suspicious activity
- Ensuring we deliver the highest level of service to our members, whilst balancing this with managing our financial crime risk. This involves implementing and maintaining member-focussed and fraud-related SLAs
- Managing the team of awesome analysts and team leaders across multiple countries, including being responsible for their development and working with the Financial Crime trainer to ensure they have ongoing training and maintain a high level of quality
- Managing and overseeing individual and team KPIs and OKRs
- Being the subject matter expert, providing ongoing training and continuously sharing knowledge with the team
- Evaluating and where necessary, improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous financial crime standards, whilst increasing efficiency where possible
- Working closely with our MLRO, first line of defence KYC team, and second line of defence Financial Crime team to ensure we meet policies and regulatory requirements.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You are enthusiastic about providing a great service to our members, whilst balancing this with risk management
- You have a proven management experience that can scale teams across multiple countries
- You have prior experience in business banking in an FCA regulated environment; experience at a FinTech or technology-driven regulated institution is a bonus!
- You are passionate about fighting financial crime with great knowledge of financial crime risks
- You are highly data driven, comfortable setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning
- You have a tech and automation mindset
- You drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- You are comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, and managing multiple senior stakeholders
- You are a multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- You are able to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.