Head of Operations (Acquisition & Onboarding)
As our Head of Operations (Acquisition & Onboarding), you’ll be an experienced & self-driven professional with a broad experience in Operations and Growth. We’re looking for someone very entrepreneurial, who can drive our Growth operations in the UK, owning the live environment of all our Onboarding Journeys, joining the dots between our Marketing and Product efforts; and building new processes for our European expansion. You’ll be a senior leader, who can solve problems regardless of where they may originate from within the organisation.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and independently defining the vision, strategy and roadmap for Tide’s Growth Operations function
- Acting as a key member of Tide’s Growth Leadership Team, working with stakeholders from across the company – including KYC, financial crime, finance, tech, and product – as well as with our suppliers and Tide Members
- Working day-to-day in close cooperation with both Marketing and Product, integrating efforts seamlessly between the two functions on multiple horizons and breaking down silos
- Providing total ownership of of all our Onboarding journeys across multiple channels, device routes, and international markets – and devising a plan for 24/7 monitoring automation and action plan across time zones. This includes incident management for our Live Production environment
- Identifying improvement opportunities by constantly analysing data and looking for Conversion Improvement opportunities across all our onboarding journeys
- Building and optimising scalable internal and external provider processes, that are clearly defined and documented
- Managing and growing an existing team of operations managers responsible for product-specific and market-specific aspects of onboarding
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 6-8 years of experience in Operations
- You have managed Operations in a scale-up
- You have experience in managing and building high performing teams
- You enjoy working with data and are fluent in business analytical tools: Excel, SQL and Looker; and have a good understanding of RESTful APIs, web and mobile services
- You are logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
- You speak multiple European languages – German and/or French preferable
- You may have a working knowledge of cloud environments (AWS)
- Have a test-and learn mindset and you underpin that with excellent hypotheses, documentation and effective execution
- You’re an expert with using data visualisation and attribution tools and use them as your source-of-truth and are able to tell compelling stories using them
- Experience working in finance, consulting, or technology operations with the app is a plus
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech's in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.