Head of Partnerships
Department: Member Accession Marketing
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we’re used by over 120,000 businesses, have over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
As the Head of Partnerships at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be working a crucial part of Tide’s go-to-market strategy – we are building a partnerships program with accountants, business admin providers and marketplace leaders, which is unparalleled in the business banking space. This means establishing a large network of relationships that open up go-to-market opportunities, strengthen our value proposition, and enhance the offerings of our partners. We’ve achieved significant traction so far, with hundreds of partner accountants driving our member acquisition.
We are now looking for a candidate to help take our partnership strategy to the next level. The responsibility of the successful candidate will be to grow and extend our partnership program, driving engagement and satisfaction with our partners. This is a unique opportunity for sales-minded individual to shape a sales function within a fast growing fintech.
- Lead strategy to 3-4x the acquisition performance of the Partnerships channel
- Sign new accounting partners and large B2B service providers through deep integrated experiences
- Identify new sectors in the UK where we should enter with a dedicated partner program
- Manage existing Partnerships team and develop it to the best sales team in B2B fintech space
- Develop new marketing initiatives for partners (including content and outreach strategy)
- Onboard large partners onto the Tide partner program, building lasting personal relationships with them
- Identify ways we can improve operations for our partners program wherever possible, always seeking to automate processes
- Work collaboratively with Tide’s Product, Marketing, and Servicing teams
We’re an international scale up, we’re highly driven and we move quickly! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 7+ years experience in sales function
- A self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, you know how to multi-task and get things done
- A highly-structured individual who can summarise and simplify customer problems / business challenges
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – patient, empathetic and with a positive mindset
- Great communication skills – able to explain complex information in a simple and easy to understand way
- An appetite to develop a deep understanding of Tide’s product and partner accountants
The highly desirables:
- Previous experience selling to businesses, most likely as Head of Sales, Sales Lead or similar position in a B2B industry leader
- Proven track record of growing sales and sales teams, managerial experience
- Have worked in some of these industries: financial sector, B2B sales, accounting, lending, recruitment
- Strong record of performance management, and team incentivisation methods
With over 120,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.